bookczuk's Reviews > Fiddle Dee Death

Fiddle Dee Death by Caroline Cousins

I picked this book up for two reasons-- I have a strange passion about reading lowcountry authors, and the title made me chuckle. What amazed me most about the book was that the writing, which I am told was done by three separate women, was actually pretty seamless-- no jarring of styles etc. I wonder if the authors, sisters and cousins in real life, finish each other's sentences when talking together.
FROM THE PUBLISHER
Mystery among the moonlight and the magnolias . . .

OK, forget the magnolias. It's the end of December, after all, and frost silvers South Carolina's Low Country. But Pinckney Plantation is still open for visitors who want to see the pride of Indigo Island. The old house claims a long history-or so says the script the tour guides go by.

What the script leaves out are the doors that apparently unlock themselves, the flickering lights, the sound of ghostly footsteps. And the dead body.

The corpse is a new addition. Who is he? And what was he doing at Pinckney? And did he fall, or was he pushed?

These are among the questions that puzzle the self-appointed detective trio of cousins thrown together for the holidays. Revelations about ruthless developers, secretive landowners, and family scandals are interspersed with hilarious samples of Southern manners before the cousins finally piece together the puzzle.

Author Bio: Caroline Cousins is a pseudonym for Meg Herndon, her sister Gail Greer, and Nancy Pate, their one-and-a-half first cousin (their mamas are sisters and their daddies are first cousins). Meg, a former elementary-school teacher, and Gail, a floral designer and former plantation tour guide, live in Mount Pleasant, South Carolina. Nancy, book critic for the Orlando Sentinel, lives in Orlando, Florida.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fiddle Dee Death.