Linda's Reviews > Veil of Pearls

Veil of Pearls by MaryLu Tyndall

Oct 03, 12

Read from September 25 to October 02, 2012

This book started out with a bang...I was hooked. A slave in Barbardos who looks white who manages to escape from her evil captor's plantation and manages to cross the ocean in a ship to Charleston! WOW. I had high hopes and dug in with gusto. However, the book quickly became tedious, long winded and predictable. Is this considered to be Christian Fiction? There are so many references to the Lord and God and the man in white who shows up to guide Althea, if you are not Christian, you might find those parts unreadable. I know I certainly did. Just when you think the book should conclude, it goes on. And on. And on. I couldn't wait for it to end. I rarely do not finish a book (even if I'm not enjoying it) and I was tempted to put this one away permanently. I did flip through some pages without reading them. OK! I admit it. I stuck through it and was rewarded with a decent (although a long and drawn out ending) but this book was just "OK" for me. It was an Amazon Kindle Freebie so no big deal I suppose.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Veil of Pearls.