Amelia's Reviews > Ceaseless

Sep 29, 2012

bookshelves: heartbreaking, paranormal, ya-romance
Read from September 25 to 26, 2012

4.5 stars.

Need to recover from Dank and Pagan withdrawals before a review is feasible but in short, book was yum and heartbreaking and wonderful and just sigh...

Okay, I think I have enough emotional distance now to talk about this book.

The beginning took me by surprise. Only because I skipped the prologue. I do that sometimes. So, I went back to read the prologue and then finally got it. But I was a little bit miffed.

The book starts off with Pagan having a clean slate. And by clean slate, meaning that everything she had with Dank has been wiped from her memory and to have her, he'd have to start from scratch. WTH! Poor Dank! I mean hasn't he jumped through enough hoops?

But I suppose this is the love story that could've been if Pagan could not see spirits. And this Pagan (or Pagan 2.0) well, she's as normal as they come.

It was so emotional and heartbreaking to read about Dank going about trying to win her over while doing this with the rules he'd been given. There were some touch and go moments there to made me hold my breath but as Ms. Glines has assured me when I told her that I was mildly afraid to wade into this book, that she's a fan of HEA so I shouldn't be afraid.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ceaseless.