Nardsbaby Reader's Reviews > Deal with Death

Deal with Death by Endy

Mar 16, 09

Three the Hard Way

A DEAL WITH DEATH written by Endy tells the story of brothers Malik and Marquis who find themselves besieged with their mother's addiction to heroine, abandonment by their dad, all while trying to live. At 19-years-of age, Malik is definitely his father's clone in regards to looks and attraction to the streets. Marquis has major plans to prevent failure too; unfortunately he finds himself caught in the middle of big brothers drama.

Will making A DEAL WITH DEATH compromise more than the brothers are willing to gamble?

A DEAL WITH DEATH examines the effect drug abuse has on everyone directly or indirectly involved. Some parts of the story were so very graphic that I actually found myself trying to imagine it and even went so far as to question people that I know. Other parts of the story were a little too unbelievable to swallow, but I believe the story balanced itself. Endy is one of those writers that definitely have the ability to capture readers and take them to where she wants them to go. It's my belief that as long as she has that quality she has definite staying power.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Deal with Death.