Cathy 's Reviews > Bone Crossed

Bone Crossed by Patricia Briggs

Mar 07, 2009

bookshelves: fantasy, paranormal, urban, mythology, read-in-2009, werewolf, shifter-not-wolf, to-buy-paper, great-cover, people-of-color
Read in March, 2009

Briggs has the remarkable talent of making it seem effortless. I open one of her books and am instantly right there. Her characters feel like real people, with complicated but relatable lives. The heroes are people I would genuinely like to know. I really like that their emotions run deep, they aren't just momentary reactions. Mercy was raped in book 3 and she struggles with it profoundly throughout this book. But her bravery and sarcasm are just as evident. I love her with Adam. I'm extremely eager to read more about Samuel. Even the supporting characters like Jesse, Daryl, Zee and Warren are well-conceived and feel real and complete. I didn't love this story quite as much as the 1st three. There was a bit of the sense of an author who is writing a series and trying to find plausible ways for one character to have so many crazy experiences, so bring in the road trip/out-of-town friend who needs help. But overall it works and I love the depth and vividness of the characters enough to forgive any minor flaws.
3 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bone Crossed.

03/06/2009 page 118
38.19% "Off she goes to help the ourmt-of-town friend, inevitable in any series to minimize the improbability of so much happening to 1 person."
03/07/2009 page 196
63.43% "Such great characters, they feel like real people despite the crazy circumstances. Which she also makes feel plausible."