Tough Critic Book Reviews's Reviews > Down to You

liked it
bookshelves: september-2012
Read from September 28 to 29, 2012

3.5 Stars

Nutty bars, zebra cakes, twinkies, fudge pops, twix, reece's peanut butter cups, ding dongs, shots, orgasms, balls, pecs, back dimples, and fingers!! Face it, some of the best things in life come in two's. Even the genius minds over at Wrigley knew...double the flavor, double the fun. Imagine having two...of EVERYTHING! Yes please!

Grab your "oh shit" handle because this book starts off strong! The big "oopsie" moment had me doubled over. Slap my ass in a plaid skirt because I giggled like a school girl!! I'm also blown away by M. Leighton's ability to juggle three POVs...THREE! Four balls, two penises, and a vagina...and she pulls it off! The flow never faltered...the story kept coming! Amazing!

So why not a higher rating? Well, the book was hot (like bend me over the bar hot) and entertaining with a strong plot, but nothing just made it really stand out for me. It would have stood out, but dammit I knew. I didn't want to know, but I knew. From the start, I knew. If I hadn't known, then knowing wouldn't have taken away from the story. I didn't try to know and if I could have de-knowned, I would have. I wish I could take back my know, but I can't. Once you know, you know...and I knew. I really did enjoy the book, but I needed not to know to make it great. You know??

Regardless though, I am dying for the sequel. The epilogue left me...well it just left me! It left me hanging, left me craving, left me wanting more!! So much more! You can't just stir up stuff like that then stop. Isn't there some sort of author police out there that can intervene? I NEED MORE!! I will be reading more! Give me more...NOW!!

Here's a book random...

I will never be able to hear this song without thinking of Cash...NEVER!
64 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Down to You.

Jennifer Are you loving it so far? I can't wait to read it!

Tough Critic Book Reviews Jennifer wrote: "Are you loving it so far? I can't wait to read it!"

I actually finished :-) Marked it as "currently reading" so I remember to write the review! It was good. Should have it up tonight or tomorrow <3

Cece I came across this book on Amazon. I've been thinking if I should get it.

Elizabeth (Liz) LOL!! Great review!

Tough Critic Book Reviews Elizabeth wrote: "LOL!! Great review!"

Thanks :-)

Robin - Wicked By Design Wasn't the song in the book Whistle by Flo Rida? LOL

Lise *friends don't flag* I love this review.

message 8: by Tough Critic Book Reviews (last edited Sep 29, 2012 07:15PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Tough Critic Book Reviews Robin wrote: "Wasn't the song in the book Whistle by Flo Rida? LOL

It doesn't say what song it was, but I did link it to Flo Rida in my review Robin! ^^^^^^^^^^^^ That's what my whole paragraph was about! Click on my link, lol!

Robin - Wicked By Design So much work :P ok

Robin - Wicked By Design That is what I get for not clicking on links.. i would swear it said it was that song but maybe it's because i assumed

Autumn Review I loved this book. I'm glad you liked it and I love your review! Can I stroke you with my vagina hand?

Joanne careri I totally agree with your rating for exactly the same reasons. I'd rate it 3.5 as well.

I know what you mean. I've some reviews before reading this and I kinda "knew" from the start. Also, had I known that the epilogue would is just a huge cliffhanger I would've waited to read this until the series is over. regarding the whistling, I was wondering what the song was, too!!! I had to think of what songs I knew that had whistling in it and all I could think of is , "moves Like Jagger". (only because Adam Levine is my celebrity boyfriend).

Tough Critic Book Reviews Autumn Review wrote: "I loved this book. I'm glad you liked it and I love your review! Can I stroke you with my vagina hand?"

Ummm...the answer is always yes. YES!!!

Nikki I knew too! But I'm still loving it :)

Jaclyn I loved it, but I agree, I think it is because I did NOT know...:) Can't wait for the next one! Your review, as always, kicks a**! Thanks!

Jessica I'm glad I am not the only one that had flo rider playing in my head during that scene:).

Steff awww... It sucks that you knew... I knew just right before I was supposed to know, so, the story was really interesting.. anyway, I loved your review!!!

Glennis Ussery Great review. That exact same song popped in my head too!!!

Mandy Rizzo I knew from the get go too!!!! And I hate that I knew!!!!!!

message 20: by Shea (new) - rated it 5 stars

Shea The song is Whistle by Flo Rida. On Ms. Leighton's website she has a playlist of all the songs in the book and where they are in the book.

Rjohnsen I read the review before I read the book and once I started, I knew! I didn' t know for sure but I knew!

message 22: by Tough Critic Book Reviews (last edited Oct 27, 2012 09:47PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Tough Critic Book Reviews Shea wrote: "The song is Whistle by Flo Rida. On Ms. Leighton's website she has a playlist of all the songs in the book and where they are in the book.

Thanks Shea, I reviewed it before that playlist was up. The link on my review also takes you to Whistle by Flo Rida. Michelle let me know after I reviewed it, but thanks for taking the time to post the link!!! :-)

message 23: by Shea (new) - rated it 5 stars

Shea Tough Critic Book Reviews wrote: "Shea wrote: "The song is Whistle by Flo Rida. On Ms. Leighton's website she has a playlist of all the songs in the book and where they are in the book.

You're welcome. I just love that song and the naughty meaning behind it. ;)

Jatana LOL, loved your review. This will have to go on my need to read lust.

Lorelle Love your dirty sense of humor! Great review!

Melissa M Love your reviews Mollie!! <3

Trina Meskauskas- harbaugh Where is book 3??

message 28: by Colette (new)

Colette Your review was a riot! I'm not sure I want to add the book to my tbr but I will check it and the sequels! thanks for the giggles!!!

message 29: by Vintage (new)

Vintage "Slap my ass in a plaid skirt because I giggled like a school girl!!" Best quote!