Lisa - (Aussie Girl)'s Reviews > Grave Memory

Grave Memory by Kalayna Price

Sep 28, 2012

bookshelves: paranormal-urban-fantasy
Read from September 24 to 28, 2012

Grave Memory continues the story of Grave Witch and secret Fae Alex Craft who is investigating the apparent suicides of several people while still in limbo with her relationships with the sexy Soul Collector she calls "Death" and Winter fae investigator Fallin Andrews. I really enjoy the detailed world building and characters in this series but the first half of Grave Memory was a bit dense in the explanation of the murder mystery thread and slowed down the story flow. Once Alex journeyed into Fairie to tangle with the duplicitous Winter Queen and her Knight Fallin and Death became involved with the murder investigation the pace quickened considerably. In fact the last third of the book was brilliant in both story execution and progression of the story arc. The mini cliffhanger (view spoiler) in the last chapter was intriguing!

I was pleased to learn from my Goodreads friend Douglas Meeks that three more books have been contracted. Hopefully, Kalayna Price will be able to finish the series as she has imagined. This is a really good series which just needs a bit of tweaking with pacing to be great!
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Grave Memory.