Jennifer's Reviews > Blood-Kissed Sky

Blood-Kissed Sky by J.A. London

Feb 21, 13

Read from January 23 to 25, 2013

With Day Walkers on the rise and the city in a panic, Dawn takes the night train to Los Angeles where Sin is from. Dawn is also hoping to learn about the Thirst. When vampires feed on each other it turns them into even more of a threat. After losing the war with vampires the United States was broke down into only a few fenced in cities. The only way to travel is by train. I loved getting a look and ride on the night train. Also awesome that Michael accompanied Dawn since I love him so much. Los Angeles has such a creepy vibe and twist that I didn't see coming. I'm still loving the world building of this series.

I'm Team Michael all the way. I love the sweet and protective best friend but it's obvious Dawn is into Victor so I'm trying to like him. Their relationship is just too much tell and no show. Dawn says she is gaga over him I'm just not feeling it. Maybe part of it was that Dawn and Victor are apart for the whole book except for Dawn visiting Victor's dreams. Usually a human can no enter a vampires dream so their connection is interesting. I just love that even though Dawn hurt Michael he would give up his life to protect her. If it were me...not so much! LOL

In Darkness Before Dawn there were some hints dropped about Dawn's family history. She is researching a lost royal vampire family and also ends up learning some interesting secrets about her own parents and past. It was actually kind of what I was expecting but still interesting none the less. There are so many action scenes and vampire attacks along the way that I am always kept tense and nervous. Sin is also one creeptastic evil day walker lunatic. His plan of basic vampire world domination is coming along better than I had ever expected and I am dying to know what the heck Dawn and Victor will do to stop it.

---
"I'm doing what I want to be doing. The only thing that matters, the only thing that has ever mattered to me is you, Dawn. Even if we aren't...together. I've always considered myself your guardian. When I was protecting the city; I was fantasizing about protecting you. Before you were ever a delegate. Before we even started dating. Throughout training, when they asked me to visualize the person I was meant to protect, I always thought of you."

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood-Kissed Sky.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Esther I honestly think Michael and Tegan are going to get together

Jennifer Esther wrote: "I honestly think Michael and Tegan are going to get together"

Whose Tegan? I dunno I think Michael is so sweet and has been friends with Dawn forever! I think she wants to stay human so he is best for her. Victor is 400 years old and she is 17. Uber creepy. Like worse than Edward Cullen creepy! LOL But I think they were hinting the whole book that Dawn is part vampire so maybe she will change in the end and be queen with Victor. That is my prediction but I'd rather she end up with Michael.

Esther Tegan is Dawn's best friend, the one that doesn't make the right choices and swears she's falling for Sin? Remember now? Eh, I always root for the second guy in every love-triangle. haha. And finally the main character most likely will end up with the second guy. Yo, I was thinking the same thing about Dawn.

Suzanne I'm hoping she ends up with Victor, I found Michael quite annoying at times, always needing his ego rubbed. I agree though about Dawn being half vampire or something. Did you have the first chapter of this book in the copy of Darkness Before Dawn that you read?

message 5: by Jennifer (last edited Oct 15, 2012 03:28PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jennifer Suzanne (Paranormal Book Fan) wrote: "I'm hoping she ends up with Victor, I found Michael quite annoying at times, always needing his ego rubbed. I agree though about Dawn being half vampire or something. Did you have the first chapter..."

Yeah I was mad at Michael when he wanted to go outside the wall. The beginning prologue mentions Dawn not knowing the truth about her ancestry or something like that. Then later a vampires says she should become what she was truly meant to be. And they never said for sure if there were hybrids. I think she said everyone assumed a vampire and human couldn't reproduce but I think they can. I had a preview of the next book where Dawn did survive after all. At the end I was worried Victor changed her but he took her to the hospital. Victor grew on me. I won't be terribly upset when she ends up with him but I felt bad for Michael. He has been her friend for so long :-( Poor guy.

Suzanne Yeah, there's definitely something hybrid about her I think. Even the way the doctor said she healed so quick. I'm really looking forward to reading this one. I found Darkness Before Dawn fairly slow to start but I think there'll be a lot more action in this one.

Damaris (GoodChoiceReading) Honestly thats what sort of ruined this book for me. All the Michael. I am so over triangles *sigh*

message 8: by Jennifer (last edited Dec 29, 2012 03:34PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jennifer Damaris (GoodChoiceReading) wrote: "Honestly thats what sort of ruined this book for me. All the Michael. I am so over triangles *sigh*"

I'm very much over love triangles too. But I love Michael. Glad he is in this one a lot! Haven't had a chance to get it yet.

Suzanne I pre-ordered it. Hoping my copy comes on Monday :) Team Victor!! :D

Suzanne You're reading this now? Yay! Can't wait to see what you think of it :) Lots of Michael!

Jennifer Suzanne (Paranormal Book Fan) wrote: "You're reading this now? Yay! Can't wait to see what you think of it :) Lots of Michael!"

Yeah I was happy when he was the Night Watcher sent with Dawn. It's good so far!

Suzanne I'm glad you enjoyed this so much Jennifer. Great review. I can't wait for the next one :)