Deva's Reviews > Boyfriend from Hell

Boyfriend from Hell by Jamie Quaid

Oct 16, 12

Read from October 10 to 16, 2012

Full review at http://urbanparanormal.blogspot.com

Mary Justine Clancy (Tina/Justy) was minding her own business when her boyfriend decided to run her over with her own car in The Zone. The Zone is a place where chemicals have been dumped and it altered the terrain and maybe the people. That part I loved. While Max, the boyfriend, was accelerating towards her, Maxine verbally damned him to hell. When Max dies in a blaze after that car drove into the bank and caught on fire, he began popping up in her mirrors, from hell. Weird gets weirder when we meet a cat with really good instincts, an invisible thief, a chimpanzee and butt loads of 'agents' that are out to get Tina. Not to mention, every time Tina visualizes something, it actually happens.

The fact that something about being a daughter of Saturn didn't mean a whole lot bugged the crap out of me. It kept popping up, it's even the name of the series, but you really don't get much good information about it. Most of the info you get is that a Daughter of Saturn is a dispenser of Justice. I was really hoping that since the book was dragging so much, and it was the beginning of the series, that we would get all those bits of info out of the way so that book 2 could really get moving. Sadly ... It doesn't happen. The reviews on the book were so good that I was super excited to read it but now I'm wondering if we read the same book. Don't get me wrong, it's good and has potential to be great but I feel like I've missed something major.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Boyfriend from Hell.

10/14/2012
6.0% "Love the setting."
10/15/2012
24.0% "I swear, it took them 18 years to get to the point. But finally w got somewhere."
41.0% "Still dragging"
10/15/2012
68.0% "Still moving a little slow for me but it's alright."
10/16/2012
85.0% "Bored and intrigued. Is that possible?"