Caroline's Reviews > The Mercy of Thin Air

The Mercy of Thin Air by Ronlyn Domingue

Jan 09, 09

Read in January, 2009

** spoiler alert ** When there's something strange sleeping in your bed, who ya' gonna call? Not Ghostbusters. Call Ronlyn Domingue. Wow...stilted dialogue (really, no one talks like any of these people. Has the author ever listened to a real conversation? EVER?), one-dimensional characters, too-good-to-be-true (or too-mushy-to-be-men) men, sex scenes that forever join two souls -- written in a style that pays inadvertent homage to Ms. Danielle Steel, and ghosts who surf the Internet (no, really. They can also WRITE LETTERS! AND HAVE SEX! WITH LIVING PEOPLE! ZOMG!). It doesn't get much worse than this. Actually it does, but I haven't seen the likes of it since I edited my college's literary journal back in the day. P.U.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Mercy of Thin Air.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Emily I didn't read your whole review because of the spoiler alert (I'm not quite finished yet) but I think my final rating is going to be pretty similar. What a disappointment!

message 2: by Mary (new)

Mary I think you just saved me from buying a Bad Book! I was iffy on it anyway because, you know, ghosts, but the comparison you made to the much-loathed Danielle Steele really scared me. Thanks!

message 3: by Carla (new)

Carla I was reading it but had to stop precisely because of those things you mentioned. Surreal!