Lauren's Reviews > Jennifer Johnson Is Sick of Being Single

Jennifer Johnson Is Sick of Being Single by Heather McElhatton

U_50x66
Sep 24, 12

Read in September, 2012

I like this book. I almost didn't buy it because it's not my usual genre. I usually read more romance. But this novel pleasantly surprised me. I read this book on a long road trip with my family, and I was constantly amused and laughed out loud, including a giggle fit when I read the part about the dog eating something inappropriate. I often found myself agreeing with the things Jennifer had to say, or sympathizing with the situation because I have actually had similar embarrassing situations or unfortunate behavior, even if Jen came off a bit shallow at times. For example, her spending and constant moaning about being fat, even though a size 12 in my opinion is not fat. And I have rarely heard so many people tell a person who wears a 12 that they need to lose weight that often.

The reason I gave this book a 4 stars instead of 5 is the ending. It was a total WTF moment, and I was completely shocked and horrified. It actually kind of made me mad. It was set up like a typical "chick-lit" type of book, then that took a U-turn and it didn't end up like that at all. All I could do was sit there in shock with my mouth open. As one poster commented, this could definitely use a sequel.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Jennifer Johnson Is Sick of Being Single.