Jessica's Reviews > Unspoken

Unspoken by Sarah Rees Brennan

Sep 27, 12

bookshelves: books-i-own
Read from September 24 to 26, 2012

This book was just...wow. I knew I was going to really enjoy this book after looking at the cover (I mean, how gorgeous is it??) but I had no idea it was going to be THAT good!

Kami has been talking to Jared in her head ever since she could remember, but she's never been sure if he's actually real or she's just plain old crazy. When the Lynburns come back into town, though, Kami is positive she isn't the crazy one. This family that seems to evoke fear from the very mention of their name are finally back and Kami is determined to get to the bottom of their story.

After some snooping around the family, Kami finally runs into the notoriously dangerous Lynburn, Jared. Could it be Kami's Jared she's known her entire life? And as dead animals start to turn up and someone keeps on trying to kill her, Kami is about to find out just how dangerous the Lynburn family can be.

There are so many aspects that go into this story that it's entirely impossible to ever get bored. There is mystery, murder, romance, and even magic! The beginning was a little confusing because there were so many unknown answers, but that just made the story that much more intriguing. I loved Kami's character and how determined she was. Someone was trying to kill her? Oh, well let's just go in the scary woods at night anyways because the killer might be keeping a secret there. Yup, that's Kami!

And the boys in this book aren't too shabby either! I loved both Ash and Jared and how they both fit into Kami's crazy life. And since they're both Lynburns, Kami has no idea if she can trust either of them, let alone both of them.

I'm still left wanting more, even though the story is over. I really hope there's another one (which I'm pretty sure there will be since the title includes "The Lynburn Legacy #1") because I really want to see what's going to happen next with Kami and the Lynburn boys! I would definitely recommend Unspoken to anyone who's looking for an awesome book that's a nice break from the same old cliche stories. Get ready for an addicting story that you won't want to put down until you've read every last page.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Unspoken.