Lisa's Reviews > Losing It

Losing It by Cora Carmack

Oct 22, 12

What did I really love about this one? It seemed honest and real. Bliss is a normal girl who has held onto her v card a little longer than others her age and is determined to give it away before she gets out of college. It seemed like a good idea at the time but nothing comes easily for awkward Bliss Edwards and her journey to losing it is anything but ordinary.

Bliss really was an awkward, slightly nerdy theater major. I fully appreciated that she was not a typical book girl. She was quirky; for example, she completely goes and gets a cat to keep up with a little lie she tells and she doesn’t even like cats. I loved some of the crazy things that happened to her when any other book girl would have had some crazy swept off her feet moment. Bliss was really one of the most real female characters ever!

Garrick – I love that name! I knew Garrick would be my new book boyfriend when I learned he had a British accent. You guys know how I get around British men! Oh, so then he goes and reads a book in a gosh darn bar and then I was just head over heals. Let me say this again…he is a British man, sexy at that, who reads a book in a bar! Okay, so anyway, I loved how incredible he was the first night they met and the little bit of mystery that surrounded what brought him to Texas. He was just the right amount of male, not too alpha and not too sweet, and I really enjoyed him.

I loved this non-traditional awkward relationship. There were great moments of spin the bottle, a little wall action in the club and a mono epidemic that added a little spice to this college aged romance. I really thought things would play out differently than they did with the plot and was pleasantly surprised by how Cora Carmack made it all come together. There were so many great characters and I hope she continues to work with some of them in future stories.

By the way, the epilogue was scrumptious!

Overall, my only complaint is I wanted more which I guess is a good thing. I am a new-found lover of awkward love!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Losing It.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Kendall Ryan Me three!

Lisa The guy on the cover was all the persuasion I needed!