Splash Of Our Worlds *Yiota*'s Reviews > Sora's Quest

Sora's Quest by T.L. Shreffler

Oct 05, 12

bookshelves: must-buy-printed
Read from September 24 to 30, 2012

Though i was not big fan of the covers, the summary had a pretty decent sound and really hooked me so i couldn't say no. There was just something that made me really want to read it.

And god, i'm so happy i did. The writing is fast and clean. Easy to read, with not much but enough to create every single in your mind perfectly. I totally fell in love with the descriptions of places and people. The story is really intriguing too. Especially when you start reading. There is a mystery around the characters and around the plot, and the author teases you with small things all the time that you seriously can't get the book down before you are completely done with. Full of action and so alive, that sometimes it was like watching a movie running in from of my eyes.

At the same time, this was the problem too. I felt that i was away from Sora (our main heroine). I couldn't really connect with her. Everything goes so fast, and there aren't many bonding scenes in either that i couldn't completely get in her shoes. On the other hand, when we are from Crash's POV, you feel completely connected to him. It's like you are him.

All the characters are really likeable or at least respectably. Sora is innocent but on that completely stupid degree. No she is quite clever and she learns fast, but there are still moments where she has no idea what's happening and what to do. Which, it actually makes sense since she hasn't really traveled before.
Crash is perfect. You know pretty much nothing about him, even when you are in his mind his thoughts are so careful written that the mystery of who he is stays until the end. And despite the fact, he an assassin and cruel at times, he has something that make him stand out.
My love of the book was Dorian though. He is so funny, and it's like he is bringing a light to both the company and the story.

Cat's Eye is the start of a really original idea and story, with lots of action and excitement. I just finished it, and i only want to read it again. I can't see how i will be bored with it like ever.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sora's Quest.