Reem Hardan's Reviews > Losing It

Losing It by Cora Carmack

Oct 15, 12

bookshelves: cover-ur-killin-me, favorites
Read in October, 2012

First things first, will you take a look at the cover?! DAMN,soooo hot, and really it's one of those covers that made you want to buy the book, just for having the book on youre shelf to look at whenever you feel like it.
Now for the actual book:
LOVE it <3 it was everything i hoped it woulld be and much much more, I liked everything about this book, every part, and all the characters,evern Dom , I loved Garrick I mean Professor and British accent ? show some mercy people .

I liked Bliss which says alot since it's hard to like the heroine since all they do is whine and be clingy, and vulnerable, but Bliss wasn't like this at all, I loved how she handled everything , I loved that the book had the right amount of drama, not over the top, and not lacking.
I'm so happy that I read this one, been waiting for it a while now, and as soon as it was released I grabbed it, read, and I feel like I want to dance and laugh like a fool, like Bliss does everytime she's happy, because honestly this book left me with a stupid grin all over my face.
Thank you Miss Cora Carmack for writing a book worth waiting for, and thank you for writing a book that had everything I wished for and more.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Losing It.

Quotes Reem Liked

Cora Carmack
“It wasn’t until I’d walked halfway across the parking lot that I realized: 1. I wasn’t wearing shoes.
A. Or a shirt.
2. I didn’t bring my keys
A. Or anything really.
3. I’d just left a complete stranger in my apartment.
A. Naked.

Whoever said one-night stands were supposed to be simple with no strings attached had clearly never met the disaster that was me.”

“Stop! Cats! Stop…”

Cora Carmack
“Are you waiting for an invitation?” I asked, eyeing him standing carefully outside my door. “Is this the part where you tell me you’re a vampire?” He chuckled. “No, I promise the paleness is only because I’m British.”

Cora Carmack
“On a scale of one to bitchy, how hung-over are you?”

“Legs shaved?"
I nodded
"Other... things... shaved?"
"As much as they are ever going to be, yes, now move on." That was where I drew the line of this conversation.”

“Sex.
I was going to have sex.
With a boy.
A hot boy.
A hot BRITISH boy.
Or maybe I was going to throw up.
What if I threw up on the hot British boy?
What if I threw up on the hot British boy DURING SEX?”

“Four.
That’s the number of people who saw me hiding around the corner from my own apartment in just a skirt and a bra. Eleven.
That’s the number of ant bites I got on my shoeless feet.
Twenty-seven.
That’s the number of times I was tempted to do myself physical harm because I am an IDIOT.
One.
That’s the number of times I tried not to cry, but failed.”

Cora Carmack
“What cat? Oh! MY CAT. The cat… that is mine. Oh, she’s... ” I had said it was a she, right? “She’s fine. All meowing and purring and other cat things.”