Jessica's Reviews > Poison Princess

Poison Princess by Kresley Cole

Oct 04, 12

bookshelves: 0-faves, 24-ebooks, 32-made-me-want-to-pull-my-hair-out
Read from October 02 to 04, 2012

Well, well, well...If this wasn't quite the reading experience...right now, my thoughts are all over the place but I’ll try to put my jumbled thoughts into words.

When I first started reading this I didn’t like the main character, Evie, at all. And to be honest, my feelings towards her didn’t really change as the story progressed. (Well, at one point I did like her but I won't tell you when ;-) ) I also didn’t like our other main character, Jackson. Usually, I’m really into bad boys and even jerks but Jackson was just a tad bit too much of an asshole. Even for my taste. Or he just rubbed me the wrong way. I don’t know...I mean, sure, there were one or two steamy scenes and he did have his heroic moments but all that wasn't enough to make me drool all over him. Now you might wonder, if I didn’t like the main characters how could I be screaming for the sequel now? Well...that's a really good question. Seriously, I’ve got no f***ing clue. Even though both Evie and Jackson annoyed the crap out of me (not constantly but pretty often) I simply wasn’t able to put this down. The world building and everything was I don’t want to give any more away than the synopsis already does, so I’m not gonna say more but seriously...WOW. At first, I was also kind of put off by the gruesomeness of it all. The post-apocalyptic world Cole created was horrific. Those disgusting, slimy Zombies gave me the creeps. As did the Militias...and the Cannibals. O_O Anyway, this story held my attention in a viselike grip almost the entire time and I'm really anxious for the sequel now. Can't wait to see how the story progresses!!!

Oh and one thing I've got say about the ending? I LOVED every second of it. SPOILER AHEAD: (view spoiler)
9 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Poison Princess.

1.0% "Really curious about this one...Let's see what you've got!"
25.0% "This is pretty gruesome for YA o_O"
40.0% "Hmmmm...not too bad..."
46.0% "OMG, Evie's such a retard *growls* That girl's seriously getting on my nerves..."
70.0% "I know I'm probably supposed to swoon over Jackson but I honestly think he's an asshole. Even though the main characters are driving me nuts I'm really hooked. Weird feeling."
100.0% "OMG OMG OMG! I hate to admit it but this was awesome!!! Oh God, I need the sequel. NOW!!!"

message 1: by Arlene (new)

Arlene I just got this one! Glad you liked it Jess! :)

Jessica I'm really curious to hear your thoughts about this one! :)