Helensvale Library's Reviews > Carnival of Souls

Carnival of Souls by Melissa Marr

Sep 23, 12

bookshelves: dani, yp

The worse part about finding a most excellent read worthy can't stop thinking about it bookis....the end! And double that when the end leaves you hanging off a cliff so high there is no sight of the next book in the near distant future and you just know you will be wondering about the characters until you meet them again for a resolution.
Melissa Marr curse you in a wonderful way !!! Can you tell I totally enjoyed this book?!?!
I love the parallel worlds and the different caste systems. Mallory is a great lead character and kaleb is a demon I would want on my side. The plot has different twists and turns yet it is a smooth and easy read.
In The City, dai,oms live witch free and there is a battle of opportunity where any daimon can fight for a chance to live in the upper caste system. Unfortunately each battle is to the death.
Mallory lives in the human world protected from The City with no knowledge of what goes on there or how it will come to directly impact her very existence.
aya and Zeki are also great characters and as the story develops you find yourself pageturning eager to know what happens next.

Well, I will look for another book to read now, but I know that it will be a hard act to follow and I will be thinking about the characters and how they are faring....right after I authors talk Melissa Marr to find out when book to will arrive in my hands !!(less

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Carnival of Souls.