elstaffe's Reviews > My Favorite Marquess

Sep 23, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: what-i-got, something-isnt-right
Read from August 22 to 24, 2016

2.5 stars rounds up to 3. Disliked the two main characters but liked the author's voice otherwise, so I'm torn. There were some great lines (see my reading activity of evidence of this), but ultimately I couldn't overcome my annoyance with Violet and distaste for Sebastian's actions. Which is a pity, because I love a good secret identity plot.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Favorite Marquess.

08/26/2016 marked as: to-read
08/26/2016 marked as: currently-reading
08/26/2016 page 163
46.0% ""Before she settled at Trembledown, she never would have taken notice of a man's shrubbery" (163). If I know what you mean?"
08/26/2016 page 222
63.0% ""The last thought made him pat the small case on the seat next to him. It contained his Brute clothes, for later" (222)."
08/26/2016 page 254
72.0% ""'Actually, I simply thought I heard an intruder...'
'And so you had,' Hennie said. 'A love bandit come to steal away your heart!'
Violet feared she would be ill" (254)."
08/26/2016 page 324
92.0% ""To Violet, who had never had a male friend, it was a very puzzling situation" (324). Oh boy."
08/26/2016 page 344
97.0% ""She cleared her throat. 'Such nights make me think of poetry.'
'Do they?' How odd! If anything, he thought of Ptolemy. But women were such different creatures" (344). I'm with you, Cuthbert. Ptolemy and Kepler all the way."
08/26/2016 page 396
100.0% ""She wavered in confusion. She could have sworn that voice was familiar.

Or was she merely slaphappy from Quimby's blow in the cave?" (396). That...that is not what I thought slaphappy meant." 2 comments
08/28/2016 marked as: read