Terrie's Reviews > The Maze of Bones

The Maze of Bones by Rick Riordan

Jan 06, 09

bookshelves: childrens-adventure, childrens-mystery
Read in January, 2009

When Grace Cahill changes her will right before she dies, she tells her remaining family that they can each receive $1 million or an adventure of a lifetime to discover the secrets of their family tree and powerful history. Eleven year old Dan and his sister, fourteen year old Amy know that their Grandma Grace would want them to chose the adventure. Now they are fighting for their lives against other unlikeable members of their family, finding clues and solving mysteries.
There will be 10 books in this series, each written by a different well known children's author, and giving more clues. Book one sets a high standard for this unique and fun adventure/mystery/with lots of historical information to boot! I believe each book will focus on a different person from history. Book 1 features Benjamin Franklin and Book 2 will be Mozart.
Each book includes 6 clue cards and information to join an online club to acquire and swap more cards and help solve the puzzle. I haven't spent much time on the website, but it looks like a lot of fun with the opportunity for some great bulletin board ideas and games to be used in a library situation. The book does stand on its own without the cards or online activity.
I think I will need to get several copies of this one, once the word gets out about it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Maze of Bones.