Diayll's Reviews > Rippler

Originally Reviewed At:Mother/Gamer/Writer
Rating: 5 out of 5 Controllers
Review Source: Author for Honest Review
Reviewer: AimeeKay

Loved this one! Swanson did an amazing job on the beginning of this series. I was drawn in from the very beginning and couldn’t wait to see how the author chose to reveal her stories secrets. She’s placed her “ripplers” into present day and the more I find out about them, the more I want to know.

I loved the characters, especially Sam. Sam is smart, and sure of herself. She’s not perfect, but she isn’t whiny or annoying like some other teenage heroines I’ve read. I like Will as well. He is obviously in love with Sam but he also respects his sister and understands the life they have been forced to lead.

The book did end with many loose ends. While some truths were revealed, most of the time the truths just led to even more questions. It’s actually set up to go into the next book really well. (Which fortunately for me I have on hand to start reading as soon as I’m done with this review.) I don’t always like cliff hangers that leave more questions than answers, and I have my own theories so I’m eager to see if I’m right or not. However, with Rippler the story had me so intrigued that I won’t hold it against it. I really enjoyed this one. I give it 5 out of 5 stars. Definitely recommend if you’re looking for a new YA series to start. This one is a great introduction to Swanson’s Ripple world and I think it’s awesome!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rippler.