Sharon ∞❥ is an angst book junkie ❥∞ 's Reviews > Down to You

Down to You by M. Leighton

Sep 23, 2012

bookshelves: read-in-2012
Read from September 29 to 30, 2012

Olivia's in college working her way towards an accounting degree and working at a bar when she meets Cash, a club owner and obvious bad boy. There is an immediate attraction but she has sworn off bad boys. Imagine her surprise when she meets her cousin's boyfriend, Nash...that's right, Cash's twin....and the good boy but he's taken...or is he?

I think I smiled through this whole book...well, except maybe the Gollumesque epilogue. I loved the banter...the flirting and teasing that went on between Olivia and Cash and Olivia and Nash. You can definitely see how conflicted Olivia can be with both men being great in their own ways.

I really enjoyed Olivia...she's so feisty and I laughed at some of the things that she said. I loved her wanting to be a good person and trying not to fall back on bad patterns. Too bad she just can't help herself.

I love both Cash and Nash. I really don't think I could pick one...well, maybe. (Cash!!) ;) They both have great qualities and phewww some steamy sex scenes. I also LOVED having all the different POV's. It was great knowing what everyone thought!

There's some interesting secondary characters. I loved Olivia's Dad and Ginger is a hoot! I can't wait to see how things are with Marissa in the next book.

One of the things that bothered me was the use of "Ohmigod" and "effin". While it wasn't used a huge amount of times, it just felt like it was and I couldn't help but roll my eyes each time!

Okay...so there's a big plot twist and yes, I wondered if it would go that way. I almost wished it hadn't. I really enjoyed the two brothers and wondering who Olivia would go with. But...I'm enjoying the twist as well.

I do have to say that it's unfinished. There's some drama with Cash and Nash having a secret. And I eluded to the "Gollumesque" epilogue with a really creepy individual named Duffy that reminds me of Gollum from Lords of the Rings. He's really freaky!

But 'm really looking forward to the "To Be Continued." This book was nice...getting to know everyone and finding out the secret but I'm hoping the next book will have more substance. I look forward to Olivia's relationship with "whoever" and how things will work out.

Favorite quotes:

♦ "If there’s one thing I’ve got, it’s junk in my trunk."

♥ “I shouldn't have stayed as long as I did, but I wanted to hold her while she slept. I wanted her to know I wasn't going anywhere. That she was safe with me. In my arms.”

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Down to You.

Quotes Sharon ∞❥ is an angst book junkie ❥∞ Liked

M. Leighton
“I pull away to speak, but he puts his finger over my lips. "Shhh, just let me love you, okay? Don't think. Just feel.”
M. Leighton, Down to You

M. Leighton
M. Leighton, Down to You

09/29/2012 "phewww... i have no idea which brother she is gonna be with but at this point, why not both? ;)" 2 comments

Kelly Great review, Sharon! I love how you put your favorite quotes at the bottom with little hearts. Nice touch!
I DL this book yesterday and I have a few other books to read first, but this one sounds really good!

Sharon ∞❥ is an angst book junkie ❥∞ thanks Kelly...yea i needed something for them...LOL.

hope u enjoy it...its a quick read. cant wait to see what u think!

Taryn at My Secret Romance Yay! You liked it!! Great review!

message 4: by Steph (new)

Steph Love your review :)

Sharon ∞❥ is an angst book junkie ❥∞ Taryn-does it have romance? wrote: "Yay! You liked it!! Great review!"

thanks Taryn...it was very yummy!

Sharon ∞❥ is an angst book junkie ❥∞ Steph wrote: "Love your review :)"

thanks Steph!

message 7: by Lindsay (new) - added it

Lindsay Great review Sharon! I just got this one but haven't started it yet. :)

Sharon ∞❥ is an angst book junkie ❥∞ Lindsay wrote: "Great review Sharon! I just got this one but haven't started it yet. :)"

thanks Lindsay...cant wait to see what u think!

message 9: by Lindsay (new) - added it

Lindsay I don't know when I'll get to it. When I got it I was in the mood for it but the mood has passed for the moment.

I'll definitely keep you updated though. :)

message 11: by Mari (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mari Does anyone know when the next book is released?

Sharon ∞❥ is an angst book junkie ❥∞ Taryn-does it have romance? wrote: "2013"

cant wait!

Lisa {Silverlight} {Paranormal/Urban Fantasy Reviews} I haven't read this, yet but I did already buy it. I already know which hottie I will swoon for-->CASH<--
he sounds sooo yummy!;)

Great review, chick! Can't wait to read it, now!

Sharon ∞❥ is an angst book junkie ❥∞ Thanks Lisa...they are both yummy but i agree w/ya. cant wait to see what u think!

message 16: by Juls (new) - rated it 3 stars

Juls theres no brotherly love in this right????

Sharon ∞❥ is an angst book junkie ❥∞ Juls wrote: "theres no brotherly love in this right????"

LOL...nope!

message 18: by Juls (new) - rated it 3 stars

Juls thank fucking god!!!!!!
i've never understood that.

Lisa {Silverlight} {Paranormal/Urban Fantasy Reviews} Just finished it, and dude what a plot twist! I enjoyed the last half of the book and I totally am dying to find out if "Gollum" gets the cuz, instead???

Sharon ∞❥ is an angst book junkie ❥∞ LOL Lisa...i agree. the next book should be interesting...even w/"Gollum" ;)