Gayle's Reviews > A Land Remembered

A Land Remembered by Patrick D. Smith

Jan 05, 09

Read in January, 1999

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Land Remembered.

Comments (showing 1-2)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

message 2: by Patrick (new) - added it

Patrick D. Thank you for the 5 star review. I am glad you enjoyed the book.

Patrick D. Smith

Gayle I love your book and have bought several copies for friends. I was born in NC and as a sickly child who lost her hearing at age 3, my parents moved to Bradenton in 1960 to warmer climates so I had sand in my shoes. We later moved to Fort Myers and I actually lived near Punta Rassa which was an important place in "A Land Remembered".
I intensely dislike what Florida has turned into and wanted to experience another place and life before I got too old so my husband and I moved our family out here to northwestern Montana. I love it here and have embraced my chosen home. My kids have all chosen to live in the West, but my dearest friends remain in Florida.
I have to admit as I get older, I remember back to such small joys of my youth---the sights and smells of "old" Florida---the massive old oaks with moss hanging down, the citrus trees, the beautiful Indigo snakes, endless sugar sand beaches and more shells than you could take home.
It is a pleasure to be able to tell an author how much I appreciated his work. Thank you!