Alice's Reviews > The Art of Seduction

The Art of Seduction by Robert Greene

Jan 05, 09

Read in December, 2008

Everyone should read this book.

I was initially turned off by the preface's assertion that seduction is an art developed exclusively by women some 5000 years ago (I believe that it's just the way the sexes talk to each other, and it's never been the purview of solely either women or men) but after I waded into the main text it began to impress me a little more.

It's tiresome to have everything presented as a "how to manipulate someone into playing your evil little game," but the information is solid and well-supported. If you're going to be anything other than a hermit, you'll need to use some of the skills outlined here at one point or another in your life to deal with different people. The point is to use your powers for good, not evil.
7 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Art of Seduction.

Teri the preface's assertion that seduction 'is an art developed exclusively by women some 5000 years ago' WTF?? No, it does not. Nor is the 'evil little game' comment an accurate reflection of the tone of the book. Learn to read.