Tom's Reviews > Three Weeks With My Brother

Three Weeks With My Brother by Nicholas Sparks

Jan 19, 09

liked it
Read in January, 2009

An acceptable travelogue + memoir. The author recounts several family tragedies, inter-spaced with vignettes from world travels.

I was originally drawn to read the book as it was something I'd never consider doing myself... traveling around the world with my brother. I have two brothers, but I'm not close to either.

It was interesting for me to read how Nicholas Sparks and his older brother, Micah, were close as children. Then considerable fighting broke out between them when Micah reached his teen years, with the younger brother getting the worst of it, physically. The situation was much the same for me and my older brother. The difference here is that Nicholas and his brother in the book quickly reconciled in their teen years. That didn't happen in my situation.

Having said that, it was interesting to see what a healthy brotherly relationship might be like. I can only guess this might be more the exception than the norm.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Three Weeks With My Brother.