Luke Burrage's Reviews > Little Fuzzy

Sep 23, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: ebook, reviewed-on-the-sfbrp
Read in September, 2012

Full review on my podcast: SFBRP episode 169.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Little Fuzzy.

Keith Jones I first read this in my early teens, so I have very fond memories of it. I have no idea what I would think of the book if I was only reading it for the first time today. Fond memories is also probably why I fully intend to never, ever read Fuzzy Nation.

Before you read Fuzzy Nation to compare, Luke, you should hunt down the sequel Fuzzy Sapiens, and if you really wanted the full-on trilogy, hunt down the posthumously published Fuzzies and Other People, which I don't recalling liking as much so not really necessary.

Also, I loved your ideas for a remake. You changed so much you wouldn't even need to call it a remake. I mean, sure, you could mention the source just to show the debt and inspiration, but unlike Fuzzy Nation, I would most definitely read Ugly Little Bastards or whatever you chose to call it. That book sounded awesome.

It easy to want to help something cute but what if it looked like the Horta from Star Trek but really mean. What if they really were sapient ugly little bastards kind-of like Vogons in both appearance and temperament? Sure, defend those from exploitation with your enlightened attitudes and laws and stuff when just being around them makes you want to bash their little skulls in. Oh, and they're ungrateful little pricks, too. Defend that.

Keith Jones Oh, and delicious. I forgot about delicious.

Luke Burrage Delicious Crunchy Fuckers.