Kate's Reviews > The Year of Secret Assignments

The Year of Secret Assignments by Jaclyn Moriarty

195737
Aug 07, 2007

bookshelves: youngadult, epistolary, own-currently, favorites, fiction
Read in August, 2007

Okay, I received this via bookmooch yesterday and read half of it as fast as possible. I can't remember the last time I was so looking forward to my next opportunity to read a book. My sister was so jealous of me reading it that she ran home and read her ENTIRE copy, so now I am jealous (but also lucky, because I have half the book left). Hunting the 3rd book now (The Murder of Bindy Mackenzie; Feeling Sorry for Celia being the first, and also excellent, though it seems impossible it could have been THIS excellent. I'll find out bc I'm going to reread it while I'm waiting for Bindy). Clare asked a good question: why isn't Jaclyn Moriarty totally famous?? These are the funniest, most exciting y/a books ever.

Note, one day later: YAY! It continutes to be awesome right to the end. Can't WAIT to read Bindy now.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Year of Secret Assignments.

message 1: by Clare (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:53AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Clare OMG, you don't even KNOW how good it is. It is SO GOOD. I am really trying to be kind and not start Bindy Mackenzie until you get a copy but it might be too much for me. I seriously might start rereading Secret Assignments right now, because mom STILL has my Feeling Sorry For Celia. Evil!!!

message 2: by Kate (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:53AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kate Wait, did you get a copy already? YOU WENT TO BARNES & NOBLE, DIDN'T YOU. And you didn't invite me????

message 3: by Clare (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:00PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Clare I gave Secret Assignments to Cara!!!

DawnMarie Sorry to intrude.... There is a 1st BOOK? WHAT'S THE THIRD?

message 5: by Kate (last edited Feb 15, 2008 09:20AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kate The third is The Murder of Bindy Mackenzie, but it's not really worthy of the other two in the trilogy, I'm sad to say!

DawnMarie what is the first?

Kate Feeling Sorry for Celia. Run out and get it!!