Cheryl's Reviews > Crashing Through: A True Story of Risk, Adventure, and the Man Who Dared to See

Crashing Through by Robert Kurson

Jan 07, 09

bookshelves: feeding-the-learning-hunger
Read in January, 2009

This book needs to be read, it needs to be on bestseller lists, it needs to win awards! Go now and get it! It is that good! It is a story about a man blinded at age 3 who received a cornea transplant 40 years later and was given his vision back. He is one of maybe 20 people IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD who were able to regain vision after such a long period. He might be the bravest person in the history of the world. The way he approaches life is a model for all of us. So inspirational. I am amazed at his bravery and the book gives you this rich full story with nothing held back, this is a real man who is not perfect, only human, but takes chances and explores and tries even when regained vision is just more challeneges. I am seeing differently, knowing that we all take our vision for granted, but oh how exciting is it to be able to see a loved one's face smiling and see their eyes shine and twinkle for you! What a blessing! Please, everyone read it!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crashing Through.