Naomi's Reviews > Absolution

Absolution by Susannah Sandlin

Oct 16, 2012

Read from September 25 to 26, 2012

I read Absolution straight after completing the first book, Redemption, and if you have read my review of Redemption you know how much I loved it!! If you haven’t, I will repeat that Susannah Sandlin has become one of my favourite Paranormal/Romance writers, (right up with J.R. Ward) even though there are only two books released so far in this series! Susannah is a fabulous romance writer who captivated me from start to finish!!

Absolution continues on from where Redemption finished off, but we are following the life of Mirren more closely now. I wasn’t too sure about Mirren after the first book, because he is a hard-ass!! I didn’t think he had any emotions at all, but he is a loyal and trustworthy Vampire and is second in command. But this book made me fall in love with him. We see past his rugged exterior and see the man underneath. He is a 6”8’ man mountain of muscle, but if you are able to take the time, you find that he does have a warm heart.

Some unfortunate circumstances bring Mirren and Glory together. Mirren has never really let anyone too close before, so he doesn’t understand Glory at all. To him she is an annoying, short, independent, talkative woman and he has no idea how to handle her!! She is such a breath of fresh air and I enjoyed watching her stammer through and form relationships with not only Mirren, but others in the scathe.

Once again there is plenty of action, which I love!! There are plenty of badies in this novel and it is interesting to see how they use the information they gather to try and bring down Aidan and his scathe. The romance is sizzling and the sex scenes are hawt!! We see a little more of Will in this one, so I’m hoping the blonde college looking guy gets his own book next...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Absolution.