Becky's Reviews > 11th Hour

11th Hour by James Patterson

Sep 22, 2012

it was ok
Read in September, 2012

Overall, this one was a disappointment. It's hard to say if it was because of the new narrator or just because I haven't read a Women's Murder Club book in over a year (since the last one came out), but I have to say that it just didn't "feel" like the rest of them. The crimes this time around were odd to the point of what-the-heckery, and some of the characters--especially Lindsay--just seemed way off. Honestly, she deserves a great big smack upside the head for what she puts her husband Joe and her former partner and boss Warren through. Especially Joe--c'mon, taking the word of someone she doesn't know and never met over the man she supposedly loves??? Not even giving him five minutes to give his side of the story before making a snap decision? It made absolutely no sense that she went so over the top in that situation. Pregnancy doesn't affect ALL your brain cells, honest it doesn't. Her "oh, poor me, pregnant and alone" bit afterwards really took the cake. Cindy's behavior toward her fiance Rich was a big letdown as well, and it's a shame that it took something major to make her finally realize it. At least Claire and Yuki were more or less themselves, though they didn't have huge roles in the story, so maybe that's why. I hate to give up on a series I've enjoyed, but if they continue in this vein I don't think I will be reading many more.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 11th Hour.

Stephanie I thought it was a really good story and I had a hard time putting it down..

Becky Had you read the others? I really didn't think it compared. At all.

Rachel I agree, I thought that the shift in writing was pretty evident. It felt/sounded very amateurish.

Teri Sears I agree that I miss Carolyn McCormick as narrator. She's read me the first 10 novels in this series, so it took half the book before it felt like a Women's Murder Club book. It was sometimes difficult to tell the shift in character POV because there wasn't a shift in voice for all of the characters.

message 5: by Kristin (new) - added it

Kristin I feel like the women don't work together the way they used to. They all have their own side stories.