Jess the Romanceaholic's Reviews > Hex Appeal

Hex Appeal by P.N. Elrod

Sep 26, 2012

Read in September, 2012

I'm not giving this a rating, as I only got this for (and read) Retribution Clause by Ilona Andrews.

I loved a glimpse of the Kate Daniels world outside of Atlanta (though, honestly, it sounded almost identical), and seeing characters outside of the Atlanta packs.

My only real complaint is that while there were romantic undertones, there was no HEA of any sort (or even really a hint that there was one to come in the future like there was in Magic Dreams). While I realize that this is technically an Urban Fantasy series, I admit I was a bit disappointed since it's apparent that these characters will likely not feature in future works.

Even so, it was instantly identifiable as Ilona Andrews, which of course means I loved it.

4/5 Stars for Retribution Clause, and I may go back and read the others later when I get a break.

Okay, so I lied. I went and read the Dresden story as well. Very cute, and I think I'll be reading more of that series in the future. ;)

Yeah I can't put this danged anthology down for some reason -- I just keep coming back to it :P

Holly's Balm by Rachel Caine: Very cool -- I will definitely have to check out more from her.

Snow Job by Carole Nelson Douglas: ehhhh, quite a bit of WTF since I'm unfamiliar with the series, but intriguing enough that I may give the series a go sometime...

Outside the Box by P.N. Elrod: Enjoyable, and I LOVE the idea of red tape in the paranormal world

How Do You Feel? by Simon R. Green: Skipped it. Sorry, just wasn't interested.

There Will Be Demons by Lori Handeland: ZOMG no. Just. Just frickin' NO. I'm so depressed after reading this one that I'm not sure I can finish the anthology. Barf. (To be fair, I've never read the series this is from, so I was very, VERY unprepared for the uber-non-HEA)

Cherry Kisses by Erica Hayes - haven't read it yet
The Arcane Art of Misdirection by Carrie Vaughn - haven't read it yet.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hex Appeal.

message 1: by Mina (new)

Mina Khan Hmm, I've enjoyed other anthologies put together by P.N. Elrod...and I love Ilona Andrews. I will definitely have to check this out.