Janina's Reviews > Owlet

Oct 24, 12

bookshelves: shifters
Read from October 21 to 24, 2012

Ratings: 2.5 stars
I have been struggling with the decision of what to rate this book. I've been going back and forth and the decision is hard. I was really excited to win a copy of this book since I was a part of the blog tour. The premise of the book sounded awesome. It caught my attention and latched on. The book itself was a interesting. I thought the way Emma introduced the details of the society was very different.

The first interesting thing about this book that caught my attention was that it was about birds. And the whole history of the Society of Feathers really caught my attention also, especially with how things played out. We learn a little bit of information piece by piece along with the main character Iris. But that was pretty much it for me with this book to be honest. I just couldn't get into it. I don't know why, I just couldn't fall in love with any of the characters or the story itself. Things were just interesting to read about, mainly the history of the Stryx. The first thing that turned me off in the beginning of the book was Iris and Falcon's relationship. It was kind of sorta insta-love...I mean they 'knew' each other from the past, but since Iris didn't have any memory of him, she didn't know him, but she was kissing him within the same day. Not my cup of tea...

I also felt certain parts of the book would drag out. The thing with the dreams were interesting, but then it would get to the point of where I would have had enough and would be ready to move on. To me, the book was basically filled with dreams and back history and there wasn't enough actual story to read about. Once I got halfway through I was forcing myself to finish the book just so I can get it over with.

I don't know if I will continue this series, but like I said, the book was interesting. I know I've said that word so many times, but it is what it is lol

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Owlet.