LORI CASWELL's Reviews > Murder Takes Time

Murder Takes Time by Giacomo Giammatteo

Sep 28, 2012

bookshelves: read-2012
Read from September 22 to 23, 2012

I have a hard time classifying this very unique book. It is a crime, detective, psychological, mob, life journey, suspense thriller, love story.

The author created and developed wonderful characters and we follow them throughout their lives. We they were young they made a pact: Friendship and Honor.

"Friendship means we look out for each other. Nobody ever rats or betrays us."

"Honor means nobody" messes "with one of us and not the others. We stick up for each other. And it means we don't run, unless we all run."

Some can keep the pact throughout life - others just can't! That's when the story takes off at breakneck speed and the Rules of Murder come into play.

I was drawn into this story quickly. The story is told from several characters point of view and my only complaint of the book was that this was a little confusing at times. But they were all real and engaging - even the bad guys! It is very hard for an author to accomplish this, let alone in the debut novel of what appears to be a series. According to his bio many of the scenes in this book were taken from real life experiences. A fantastic way of writing what you know. Kudos to Mr. Giammatteo. I await your next installment!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Murder Takes Time.