Meg's Reviews > Evening Star

Evening Star by Catherine Coulter

Mar 03, 13

bookshelves: romance-sexy
Read from September 19 to 24, 2012

This was a vastly complex and character-filled story. And a bit bizarre. It was a decent story but so much was going on that the many story-lines, characters, etc., made it hard to get overly invested in what was going to happen.

The idea that an uncle could place a young girl in the situation that he does seems very over-the-top. Although it does seem to be a sound way of showing a young, naive girl the truth of the world. It is the ultimate wake-up call but I felt that the uncle did go too far. And there was no accounting that despite her words, her mind was still trying to deal with the information and she was forming an understanding of her beau. There should have been more thought process during the time that she was in Italy.

The relationship between Aurora and the duke was bizarre and I didn't see the point of its inclusion.
The relationship between Alex and Giana didn't seem plausible. So much of the relationship was physical and sudden. Even after her first, bad time their first moment alone on the ship they go at it again.

The story took a long time to get going, with some characters and events that didn't seem essential to the story as a whole.

I think that the relationship had a lot going for it but I had some issues with the characters, I just didn't love them or get emotionally involved in their circumstances. The idea that she would willingly go into the relationship between Alex as pretending to be married but not really. I don't think that during the time period portrayed that it would be done, unless there was some dangerous, pressing reason, which was not the case in the story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Evening Star.

09/21/2012