Tessamari ♥Many Waters...♥ ~ Sweet Spot Book Blog's Reviews > Twice Tempted

Twice Tempted by Marquita Valentine

Sep 21, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: hot-and-heavy, i-love-brits, lead-character-bad-boy, lead-character-player, lead-character-s-famous
Recommended to Tessamari ♥Many Waters...♥ ~ Sweet Spot Book Blog by: Lindsay
Read in September, 2012

3.25-3.5 Stars

“I love you. In whatever disguise you come to me, I love you. Whatever name you choose, I love you.” ~ Christian Romanov

Tattooed celebrity bad boy falls for small town gal. Who wouldn’t want to read this? I know I’m a sucker for these types of stories. I read the prequel first and was blown away from the short story. The chemistry between the H/h in the prequel was just HOT. I couldn’t wait to jump into their actual story. So it was safe to assume that I had high expectations for this. Though I liked it, it fell just a little short.

Zoe didn’t expect to run into Christian Romanov in Vegas, literally. After bumping into her at the airport, Christian couldn’t get this feisty woman out of his mind. Locating her wasn’t too difficult considering they both shared the same Agent. (Only in romance books could all this take place ;) Christian hasn’t been this attracted to a woman in four years, not since the night he met and fell for a girl named Amber. What Christian doesn’t know is that Amber is Zoe. (This is where reading the prequel came in handy.) Zoe wasn’t going to fall for Christian’s suave ways ever again, but Christian is dead set on seducing Zoe. She’s perfect. She’s just the type to help rebuild his wild reputation. I mean, that’s the main reason why he’s so attracted to her, right?

The story of their courtship was riddled with secrets and steamy moments. Like I mentioned before, I liked the story, for the most part. However, towards the end, everything just seemed stagnant. Yes they got their HEA, but the last 25% of the book seemed like nothing was happening. No conflict, no drama and no purpose. Wait. Strike the last one. It did seem to have a small purpose. It helped set up the next book. I don’t know. I kind of got bored at the end. I actually couldn’t wait to finish it. I don’t know. Overall, it was good and I enjoyed it, but it wasn’t near spectacular.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Twice Tempted.

09/28/2012
62.0% "Christian, you can be such an asshat. Ugh!"

Lindsay Lol. I see you went with this over Shut Up & Kiss Me. :P

I hope you enjoy it! :D

Tessamari ♥Many Waters...♥ ~ Sweet Spot Book Blog LMAO! Yes i did because you (kinda) suggested it first. Plus I LOVE me some hot Hollywood bad boy celebrity action ;)

Lindsay Lol. Any other time I can make a decision...you just hit me at a horrible time for decisive action.

I'm with you...I love Hollywood (or Rockstar) bad boys!

Tessamari ♥Many Waters...♥ ~ Sweet Spot Book Blog I just finished. I don't know what happened, but it started to slow down the last 25% of the book. The whole "looking for the springs" thing felt like they just included it so they can introduce Rose for the next book. I don't know how I'm going to rate it. Hmm...?

Lindsay The ending didn't bother me too much. I enjoyed the rest enough that it made up for the slowness of the ending. I'm really enjoying Third Time's a Charm but I haven't had any time to read today.

Tessamari ♥Many Waters...♥ ~ Sweet Spot Book Blog I mean it was a nice HEA, but it felt kinda stagnant. Maybe because nothing was really happening. They decided to be together, he goes off to party for a week, comes back, they find the springs and that's that. No conflict, no drama. I dunno :-/ lol

Lindsay Lol. I know what you mean. I did like the interaction between Christian and Zoe's family though. I love that they put him in his place and threatened him.

Tessamari ♥Many Waters...♥ ~ Sweet Spot Book Blog That was cute. I could never figure out Christian's ass of a father though. I wish they would've mentioned Sebastian in the epilogue. I was hoping he and Christian reconciled somehow.

Lindsay I'm guessing that Sebastian will get his own book.

Sasha is the hero of Third Time's a Charm and he's still jumping to his uncle's commands. The uncle is definitely a creep. I think the story behind Christian's father will unfold throughout the books (assuming there are more after Sasha's).

Do you think you'll read Sasha's book?

Tessamari ♥Many Waters...♥ ~ Sweet Spot Book Blog I'm not sure if I'll read Sasha's book. I really liked him, but I'm surprised Christian didn't offer to help him get out from underneath Vlad's grasp. You know what I mean?

Another thing that bugged me was Zoe. I loved her quirkiness and clutziness, but I hated how it took her forever to confess she was Amber. I was ready to smack her. And then when she did confess, Christian just had to act like as asshat. LOL. Men! Ugh! LOL

message 11: by Lindsay (last edited Sep 29, 2012 08:34AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lindsay If you don't mind spoilers (view spoiler)

Tessamari ♥Many Waters...♥ ~ Sweet Spot Book Blog OH MY! Are u serious? That's the reason Sasha can't leave? Wow. No wonder Vlad holds all the cards. Thanks for clearing that up. Sheds a whole new light on Sasha =)

Lindsay I feel bad for Sasha. He's a fun hero to read though. (view spoiler)

Tessamari ♥Many Waters...♥ ~ Sweet Spot Book Blog Based on the premise of the book, he's definitely walking a very line. I'll be very interested on how it'll pan out. Hopefully he'll get his HEA =)

Lindsay I had so many things going on yesterday that I wasn't even able to touch my Kindle. I can't wait to get back to the story today. Sasha is definitely walking a fine line and he knows it. (view spoiler)