Melissa's Reviews > A Brush of Darkness

A Brush of Darkness by Allison Pang

Sep 21, 12

After reading A Brush of Darkness I feel like there were so many questions left unanswered. The book has a good premise; when Abby signed up to be a TouchStone for the Faery Protectorate, she didn't anticipate her boss doing a disappearing act and leave her to mind the otherworldly bookstore. Her Contract also didn't mention anything about babysitting a unicorn with a teenaged-boy mentality or dealing with a hot-as-sin incubus in search for his kidnapped sister. What is a poor girl to do when things start to get ugly among the faeries, demons, and angels? What happens when the answers lie within Abby's nightmares? My top reasons to love this book this is a contemporary Urban Fantasy book. It has all the requisite supes... angles, vampires, and fey, in particular. It has art as an important supernatural artifact. Characters were very interesting... maybe more so than even the main characters. I want to know how her friend's soul got trapped in a violin. Overall I have mixed feelings about the book, and lots of questions with no answers.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Brush of Darkness.