Sarah's Reviews > St. Nacho's

St. Nacho's by Z.A. Maxfield

Jan 11, 09

bookshelves: glbt-fiction
Read in January, 2009

Cooper’s a violinist with a painful past. He speaks to the world through his music. He meets Shawn a determined flirt who wants him and wants in. For the first time in a long time, Cooper wants to communicate, but Shawn’s deaf. From Loose Id.

I’ll admit, there was a little eye rolling along with secret glee when I read the synopsis for this book. Oh the angst and drama, be still my heart, I am a bit of a sucker for this in a book!

The characters were likable and the premise was an interesting one. After finding it hard to get into Z.A. Maxfield’s The Long Way Home, this book was a refreshing change. It felt more in control, confident and there was a purposefulness in the writing, if that makes any sense! I really enjoyed Cooper, but just adored Shawn. I was a little curious about him though, there was very little detail about him other than his circle of friends. As he is only 22 I often found myself wondering about his family. Not that it really mattered, his family or lack of it was not integral to the story, just a thing I have obviously!

I had a few moments at the end when the drama seemed about to get a little over the top but all the threads were pulled back in and it had a satisfying conclusion.

St Nacho’s is sweet and sexy read with bikers, cooking, violins, sign and some lovely angst.
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read St. Nacho's.

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I hope you enjoy this one. I really liked it, and The Long Way Home was even better.

Daisiemae I hate that it is in first person. I plan on reading it someday though. Great Review:)

Sarah Thanks guys! I cannot say I enjoyed reading The Long Way Home. Not a fav I am afraid! Don't mind first person, as long as the writing is good!