Amanda Usen's Reviews > The Marriage Bargain

The Marriage Bargain by Jennifer Probst

Sep 21, 12

Read in January, 2012

I'm a sexual tension junkie and The Marriage Bargain delivers a marriage of convenience between two people whose fire for each other was started a long time ago. Hot. A great set-up. The banter is hilarious and the fights are super-sexy. The heroine has a great heart and the hero tries to break it, even though he's got a great heart, too. It's just buried under a shit-ton of childhood baggage.

Probst really gets into her character's heads and emotions. As a writer, I admired her ability to have her hero and heroine misunderstand each others' reactions and intentions in ways that ratchet up the tension and conflict for the reader. LOVE that, and it's not easy to do. When I picked this book for my first Fangirl Friday post, I read it again - just to make sure it would hold up. It did! It totally did. And I will definitely read the sequel - The Marriage Trap. The Count immediately intrigued me and I bet Maggie (the hero's sister in The Marriage Bargain)has an equal but different shit-ton of baggage. Awesome!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Marriage Bargain.