Cheryl M-M's Reviews > Return to the Aegean

Return to the Aegean by E.J.  Russell

Sep 21, 12

Read in April, 2012

This is crime mixed with romance and a necessity for closure with the past. What I really liked about this book was the way the author manages to create the image of both the Greek people and the landscape. It was almost as if I could feel the warmth of sun on my face, taste the salty sea on the light breeze and touch the rough country roads with my fingertips. Not sure whether it was just the descriptive writing, but the whole feeling of the book is one of warmth and peace. The main character has returned to the place she grew up to put some ghosts to rest. This causes a lot of trouble with old friends and she begins to find out things that may have been buried for a reason. When you open doors to the past sometimes you find that you forgot why you closed them and that they were locked for a reason. All in all it was lovely read, however I think the last few chapters could do with a some objective editing,because they contain superfluous information and make the ending less like the end and more like an attempt to add forgotten details.I received a free copy of this book for my review.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Return to the Aegean.