Frezanda's Reviews > Goose Chase

Goose Chase by Patrice Kindl

Jan 04, 2009

bookshelves: fantasy-scifi, youngadult, own
Read in January, 2009

I first saw this book in a book sale here. Paperback edition..When I tried to read it, i felt a headache coming. The words are so cramped together that it makes it hard to read. Why oh why can't the publisher be so stingy..I put this book back..
I found this book again in the library. A hardcover edition though. And I love it. The story, the character, and the book especially the spacing (Hehe, thank you publisher for being generous with the space)
Now, I have to look for this book all over again..
Any way, storywise this book is an absolutely great adventure. Don't expect this to be the usual fairy tale stories. This is a retelling of the tale in a sarcastic humour voice. I like the sarcastic independent main character. Well, Alexandria just want to be left alone in her cottage but after receiving the blessings ( that she did not want), she got two awful suitors: One is evil, the other is an idiot. There is no choice but escape.
The other main character I like of course is the prince. I thought he is just an idiot prince charming( as usual from other sarcastic retelling) but he has some characters. I guess this is an irony of not judging a person at first glance.
None of the characters here behave as expected from the usual fairy tale. They behave like human with their own shortcomings ( even the geese).

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Goose Chase.