Sarah (Head Stuck In A Book)'s Reviews > Iridescent

Iridescent by Carol Oates

Oct 17, 12

bookshelves: young-adult, review-copy, paranormal, e-book, blog-tour, arc, owned-and-read
Read from October 15 to 17, 2012

Just like the first book this one has a gorgeous cover as well although I do think that this one is definitely better, it's sooo pretty!
Iridescent continues on from where Ember left off, Candra and Sebastian are together, and Candra is still dealing with her grief after the tragedy in Ember (those who've read it will know exactly what I'm talking about), and also the knowledge that she is some kind of weapon who will save mankind, though no one really knows what she can/will do.
There is a new bad in town Lilith, and through the betrayal of another who is believed to be on the side of good, and the blackmail of Sebastian, it's not looking good for Candra and Sebastian, through the machinations of others and the believe that Candra is better of without him, Sebastion distances himself from Candra and ultimately pushes her into the arms of Draven, who is also in love with her.
While I really like Draven, it's Sebastian that Candra is meant to be with, and I was biting my nails hoping that Sebastian would come to his senses and that everything would work out between them, if anyone deserves happiness in this story it's Sebastian.
There is a lot of action packed into this book, and I felt that I couldn't read or turn the pages fast enough to get to the end, but the question is will good triumph over evil?
And will our favourite couple find our way back to each other?
You definitely need to read this to find out and I promise you that you won't be disapointed!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Iridescent.

10/15/2012 page 25