Grammar*Kitten's Reviews > Trial and Terror

Trial and Terror by Adam L. Penenberg

Oct 06, 12

bookshelves: goodreads-first-reads
Read on October 06, 2012

I was lucky enough to win a copy of Trial and Terror in a Goodreads First Reads Giveaway.

Considering the author's esteemed writing career, it is no surprise that I found this novel to be engaging, polished and a highly satisfying read. The plot unfolds at a very satisfying pace; it's fast enough to keep you interested, but not so fast that it drags you along at a compulsive rate. The end is delightfully climatic, and pulls together all the threads that could be seen to be loose ends into a satisfying tapestry of 'ohhh, now I understand' moments. The writing style makes for an easy read, but without the language being overly simplistic.

Unfortunately, especially for a book that isn't self published and is otherwise so polished, a few errors seem to have slipped through the editing net; 'here' instead of 'her', and 'women' instead of 'woman' are amateur errors that any proof reader, even an amateur one, should have picked up. That said, these errors did nothing to detract from the novel itself, or my enjoyment of it.

I would highly recommend Trial and Terror to anyone who enjoys a read within the crime/thriller genres, and even perhaps those who don't usually partake in those areas - it would make a great and intriguing novel for someone wishing to dabble outside of their literary comfort zone.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Trial and Terror.

10/06/2012 page 1