Lucia's Reviews > The Devil's Metal

The Devil's Metal by Karina Halle

Sep 17, 2013

bookshelves: paranormal, favorites, ppb, 5-stars-read
Read from March 21 to 24, 2013

Wow, I feel like Karina Halle wrote this book exactly for me. There were interesting and never annoying characters, sarcastic remarks, original ideas and captivating (sometimes creepy) plotline. It was a perfection and I loved it!

Anyway, to sum this book up, The Devil's Metal is about 70s music...

about sex, drugs and rock&roll...

and about some serious demon stuff...
(view spoiler)

My Dawn and Sage:

Dawn is 21 years old student, dreaming of becoming respected female music journalist. Altough as a woman in 70s, it is going to be very difficult to achieve. Then she gets unexpected but amazing offer - to participate on tour with famous and one of her favourite metal bands Hybrid and write about it. Now things are going to change drastically for Dawn...

The whole Hybrid band and crew was fascinating. To read about backstage events of band tour in 70s was definitely very refreshing experience. But once Dawn sees band's true face and losts her ideals, everything starts to go downhill. Things become very creepy and dangerous. But I do not want to give anything away, you will just have to read it yourself. It is worth it!

When it comes to characters, Dawn was excellent narrator and interesting character - hard on the outside but fragile inside. Than there was Sage, lead guitarist in the band and lead male character overall. Sage was mesmerizing and one of the most intriguing characters ever. I just love hot, mysterious, talented and a little but messed up guys...

"But try as I did, I could not keep my eyes off of Sage Knightly. I just couldn’t help myself. Seeing this man on stage was like watching a lion prowl along the crest of his kingdom. He commanded respect even when he was seated on his chair with only an acoustic guitar at his fingers, ..."

There are books and than there are THE books, the ones that you will never forget. And The Devil's Metal is exactly the type of the book that based on its originality and fascinating storyline, will stay with you forever. Flawless writing will immediately suck you into the story and intriguing plotline will keep you entertained through out whole book. Story in The Devil's Metal was wrapped up nicely, there is no cliffhanger but it set very interesting premise for sequel and I cannot wait to read it!

MORE REVIEWS ON MY BLOG Reading Is My Breathing
28 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Devil's Metal.

03/22/2013 page 35
10.0% ""Hybrid won me over with their sound, the way they took a band like Led Zeppelin and make it roll like a freight train. They wanted to take on anything - anything - and do it louder. Harder. Better. I loved them for that."

Hmmmm, cannot wait to meet those Hybrid guys :)" 2 comments
03/24/2013 page 193
58.0% "THIS is the scarriest book ever! But it is impossible to put it down!" 2 comments
09/15/2013 marked as: currently-reading
09/15/2013 "I need to re-read this before sequel release next month :)" 1 comment
09/17/2013 marked as: read

Serena I really liked this one! I had it for a minute waiting to read it. But so glad I finally did. Creepy yet wonderful!

Lucia Serena wrote: "I really liked this one! I had it for a minute waiting to read it. But so glad I finally did. Creepy yet wonderful!"

I have been waiting until it gets closer to release of book 2 since I am not very patient person :) But I am glad to hear that you liked it so much!

Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥ Great review Lucia! This book was totally mindblowing...

Lucia Georgia wrote: "Great review Lucia! This book was totally mindblowing..."

Thanks! And you are right, it was mindblowing and perfect! Cannot wait for sequel

message 5: by westernway (new) - added it

westernway This sounds interesting ,will put it on my `to read` list

Lucia westernway wrote: "This sounds interesting ,will put it on my `to read` list"

It is very interesting and unique book. Hope you will like it when you decide to read it :)

message 7: by Simone (new)

Simone Your last pic frighten the hell outta me Lucia!

Lucia Simone wrote: "Your last pic frighten the hell outta me Lucia!"

I am sorry! The book frighten the hell outta me LOL But it was worth it.

Brenna Love the review, Lucia! Such an awesome book!

Lise *friends don't flag* Great review, Lucia... Rock on! :-)

Lucia Brenna wrote: "Love the review, Lucia! Such an awesome book!"

Lise *the deleted gif gal* wrote: "Great review, Lucia... Rock on! :-)"

Thank you ladies :) I knew I would like it (it is Karina after all) but I was surprised how much I loved it actually, it was perfect!

message 12: by SanO (new) - rated it 3 stars

SanO WONDERFUL!!! Can't wait to read this too :)

Lucia Sanaa wrote: "WONDERFUL!!! Can't wait to read this too :)"

Thanks! This was refreshing and unique story! Cannot wait for you to read it Sanaa :)

Debra Awesome review, Lucia!! You're right about this being of of THE books you'll never forget...loved it too and can't wait for the sequel! ;-D

Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥ Awesome review, Lucia!!!! And....

Lucia wrote: "There are books and than there are THE books, the ones that you will never forget."

I totally agree, hon!!!! <3

Lucia Debra wrote: "Awesome review, Lucia!! You're right about this being of of THE books you'll never forget...loved it too and can't wait for the sequel! ;-D"

Thank you Debra! This book is really special, isn't it? Looking forward to another creepy read in October :)

Lucia Georgia wrote: "Awesome review, Lucia!!!! And....

I totally agree, hon!!!! <3"

Thanks Georgia :) I am glad you agree! I will never forget this book!

Lucia Soraya Naomi wrote: "Wow another one girl crushing in Karina lmao!! Awesome review, Lucia!!"

You bet :) I love Karina and her books!!! And thanks a lot Soraya ;)

Lucia Tracie wrote: "Lucia, ok you talked me into it. I'm desperate for a Karina fix, and I've already re-read Ellie/Cam/Javier -the rat bastard and the whole EIT series. So, Devils Metal is up :)"

Tracie I think you will love it!!! It was great and there is a connection with EIT ;)

Robin Probably one of my favorites written by Karina Halle. It was awesome.

Lucia Robin wrote: "Probably one of my favorites written by Karina Halle. It was awesome."

Mine too, amazingly written story, I needed to re-read it before sequel is out next month :)

Jacqueline's Reads Demon stuff? I dunno about that. BUT glad you loved it! Great review :D

Lucia Jacqueline's Reads wrote: "Demon stuff? I dunno about that. BUT glad you loved it! Great review :D"

THANKS! If you like scary stuff, you will love this book, but it has a romance too ;)

Robin This book is scary. But, I loved it!

Lucia Robin wrote: "This book is scary. But, I loved it!"

My words exactly Robin! Cannot wait for The Devil's Reprise!

Robin Me either! Karina's writing is crazy amazing! DR is going to be scary too!

Lucia Robin wrote: "Me either! Karina's writing is crazy amazing! DR is going to be scary too!"

I loved her writing in this book, she took it to the completely different level! TDR is the same :)

Lucia Daisy wrote: "Great review girl."