Sandra's Reviews > Princess of the Silver Woods

Princess of the Silver Woods by Jessica Day George

Nov 20, 12

bookshelves: netgalley, on-kindle
Read from November 06 to 18, 2012

This is going to be a short review, because when I found this title on NetGalley I didn't realize is was the third book in a trilogy. This wasn't a problem at the beginning of the novel, when I felt confident i knew what was going on. I really, really enjoyed the first half of the novel. But in the second half, Petunia's sisters are (re)introduced and I knew nothing about them and their back story from the first two novels. It left me a little confused, but this is entirely my fault. Princess of the Silver Woods was extremely well-written and enchanting.

Jessica Day George does a great job with world building in this novel. The series is based off the fairytale The Twelve Dancing Princesses, which is one of the best fairytales, in my opinion, to retell. George's world is filled with kingdoms and stately characters, which are great fun to read about. There was also a little hint of Robin Hood and Little Red Riding Hood, as well. Really, if you're all about fairytale retellings, this would be a great series for you to pick up.

Four stars! If the first two novels in this series are as enchanting as Princess of the Silver Woods was, I just may have to go back and pick those up. If you're interested in this book, I highly recommend starting with the first two in the series so you've got the whole backstory in mind. And look at the covers, they're so pretty!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Princess of the Silver Woods.

11/11/2012