Andrea (Cozy Up With A Good Read)'s Reviews > Revolution 19

liked it
bookshelves: 2013
Read from December 30 to 31, 2012

This review and others can be found on Cozy Up With A Good Read

So I read ROBOPOCALYPSE by Daniel Waters last year and loved it, and when I read the synopsis to this I thought a lot about that book for a younger generation. There was a creepy feeling at times to this book but it didn't really live up to what I was hoping. I found the book to be surprisingly short, and I was hoping for more to the story, I really felt that there wasn't enough information for me in this book (I'm not certain if this is part of a series).

I felt that Rosenblum did a great job with the world building in this book, he really made readers understand how and why the robots took over. The robots had a natural progression and evolution that is expected of technology, and I really liked the idea of why the robots took over, it was an interesting idea. For a novel like this, that is one of the most important things, but for me character development is important too and I think this story missed the mark a bit on that.

I liked a couple of the characters, but for the most part I just couldn't connect with them and felt that they didn't have much development over the course of the novel. They had one goal in mind and did everything possible to achieve that, which I admire immensely but I felt there should have been more to the characters. I did really enjoy the character of Kevin, how he was so immersed in learning more about the technology behind things. I think of all the characters, Kevin was one that actually grew throughout the story. He learned about things and understood how to change certain things to make it work for him.

REVOLUTION 19 did deliver on the action and intrigue about the robots, and this new world that was built. I enjoyed how Rosenblum describes the city center and he goes into great detail on the technology behind everything, which made this interesting at times. The main reason this book fell flat was the characterization, and I feel that if this does become a series that it can grow on people.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Revolution 19.

12/31/2012 page 216