Jess (Gone with the Words)'s Reviews > Entice

Sep 17, 14

bookshelves: young-adult, read-2012, netgalley-read
Read from September 23 to 24, 2012 — I own a copy, read count: 1

Read this review on my blog! --> Entice by Jessica Shirvington

I don’t think I’ve ever read a series that started out lukewarm for me then have me completely freaking out about it’s amazing sequel. Nope, I’m sure there hasn’t been.

Entice took the story to a whole new level. Now that Violet is settling into her powers and no longer under the influence of Phoenix, she has become a truly admirable heroine. Sure, she still feels unsure about a lot of things, but when she knows she’s right on about something, her confidence shines. I really loved her growth in this book. Another added element to Entice was the addition of more characters closer to Violet’s age in the Grigori world. I cannot express to you how much I loved Spence in particular. He was truly endearing, even in his crazier moments.

I was really happy to see Violet and Lincoln explore their feelings for one another. Oh, boy, did they explore!! And even though Phoenix is still in the picture, it didn’t feel like much of a love triangle in this book, which I enjoyed. I will never complain about more Lincoln and less Phoenix, so please, Ms. Shirvington…more Lincoln, please! :D

Entice did feel like a whirlwind of a mission for this characters. There was a lot going on, and a lot to keep in mind for the rest of the books to come in this series. Never once did I find myself lost though. The pacing was perfect and definitely made for an unputdownable book!

While Entice might not end on the happiest of notes, I still found myself hopeful for these characters. I see a lot more crazyness to come in the next installment, but hopefully also a lot more of the steaminess I thoroughly enjoyed this time around. Fantastic sequel! I can now confidently say that I’m a fan of this series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Entice.