Candace (Lovey Dovey Books)'s Reviews > Thought I Knew You

Thought I Knew You by Kate Moretti

Oct 12, 12

bookshelves: favorites, adult-romance-contemp-historical
Read in September, 2012

Kate Moretti's debut is unbelievably intense. Thought I Knew You follows as a mother of two young girls questions the reality of being happy and having a successful marriage. Despite the mystery of Claire's husband's disappearance, and the what-ifs of their past and future, the story is supremely family-oriented. Claire's thoughts consistently revolve around how much her daughters' lives will change as the missing-person case takes its toll on their morale.

Even if rare, Claire's situation could happen to anyone, and Moretti took care to find ways for readers to relate and connect to the story. Claire's reaction to her husband's strange disappearance is real, understandable, and most definitely engrossing. She goes through the motions, grieves, battles with rage, but eventually puts her kids ahead of herself. Claire learns to be strong in a time of great uncertainty, but not without the support of her family and best friends, Drew and Sarah. Her change in attitude comes with the acceptance that her marriage to Greg wasn't perfect and she may never have closure, but all the same, it's encouraging and inspiring to witness her ability to deal and move on.

Thought I Knew You is such a full and satisfying read. The novel overall is consistently entertaining and will certainly leave readers eagerly waiting for another Kate Moretti novel!
*Review copy provided in exchange for an honest review and blog tour purposes*
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Thought I Knew You.