Young Lightning in Dark Sky's Reviews > Wall and Piece

Wall and Piece by Banksy

Jan 03, 2009

Read in December, 2008

Banksy...ah. One of my favorite artistes...Yes, I mean to say that in French, because it sounds better. Anywho, Banksy, a classic Guerilla-Political-Mad-Skilled stencil artist-OK, so he's a graffitti artist. But in this book, you realize just from the photoes that he's a quick-witted guy, with a mysterious twang, which is really cool. His classic humor includes spraypainting on farm animals and a fetish for stencilling rats. My brother, a stencil artist who prefers painting his stencils onto classy tees, really looks up to Banksy.
Imagine being so good at something illegal that sometimes workers with the law praise you for it.
That's Banksy. He's so good at his job that he gets paid for it, has sponsors, and should he spraypaint near a neighborhood, the locals have an election to see whether or not Banksy's work should get destroyed or stay as an eternal mark of his art. I'm not sure he's ever lost!
This book is very excellent, and it's quite the shame you can't see the back cover, but look for it! I purchased my brother this book for the hols and I must admit...I have swiped it and looked through it numerous times. I can't get enough of the one of Charles Manson as a hitchhiker with a sign stating, "Anywhere" craftily placed in his left hand. Pretty cool!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wall and Piece.

Quotes Young Lightning in Dark Sky Liked

Banksy
“People either love me or they hate me, or they don't really care.”
Banksy, Wall and Piece