Bryson J.'s Reviews > Croak

Croak by Gina Damico

Sep 19, 2012

In this book, Lex is a strong willed girl who has changed from the perfect-little-girl to a vicious, hostile, outsider at her school. Her parents send her off to her Uncle Mort's house in a small city called Croak. Here she finds her true destiny: to be a grim reaper. She reaches her potential and thus attracts the attention of some un-wanted people. She eventually helps defeat the complete destruction of the afterlife and the society of grim reapers.

I love the whole new view on the gruesome issue of death and the afterlife. It even gave it a humorous note. The end seemed terrible at first, but then through some divine intervention I found out the there is a second book. This saved my whole perspective of the book. The story had a nice twist at the end of it, making things change for the best and the worst all at the same time. The story was hugely interesting and compelling. It was one of those books you can't put down. I would recommend this book to anyone who loves death, humor, and a slight love story to tie it all together.

In total, this is a great book. I enjoyed it throughly and would recommend it to any of my friends. Please read it!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Croak.