Melissa's Reviews > Bedbugs

Bedbugs by Ben H. Winters

Sep 19, 12

Read in September, 2012

** spoiler alert ** This reminds me of Rosemary's Baby with bedbugs. Disgusting, horrible bedbugs. Unfortunately Susan is such a horrible character, I admit I never got too worked up with her plight. I feel like I maybe there are some fine details that got lost in all the bedbug yuckiness.
At first there are demonic bedbugs that only Susan can see but then there are also real bedbugs that everyone else can see too? How did the exterminator get into the apartment when Susan was locked in the bonus room? If you painted a picture in some sort of trance state & the subject of the painting had horrible bedbug bites on her face that you didn't actually paint in, wouldn't you just remove it from your house? And honestly, why would a husband make up a story of infidelity that never happened to appease his wife who is threatening him with a knife? Wouldn't you in that case maybe say, "Golly no, of course I didn't get that matchbook from a hotel while I was cheating on you, dear." And a matchbook, I ask you. Really? What is it with matchbooks & guys who cheat yet don't even smoke?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bedbugs.