Anne Catesby's Reviews > Llama Llama Red Pajama

Sep 19, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: picture-books
Read in September, 2012

Llama Llama Red Pajama by Anna Dewdney is a very creative children's book. The rhyming is not only catchy but really keeps you hanging on for more. This is a story about a little llama who has been put to bed by his mama and after she leaves the room he beings to "fret" that she has forgotten about him. Of course after all of the ruckus that he has made she comes running up the stairs to see what is the matter just to find that he only misses her. This is a very sweet children's book and I believe this series would really make a great bedtime stories. The emotions that llama feels can be very relatable to children. These books would also make great read aloud books in a classroom. There are not too may words on a page and it would be very easy to follow along with.
I am not only fond of the writing ability of Anna Dewdney but I am also fond of the illustrations that she has done in the book. It really brings the pages to life and makes children want to follow along. The pictures really get the story across that she is trying to tell. I can definitely see myself keeping this book series in my classroom and letting children use them in their free time or try and incorporate them into the classroom. I believe that these books would be great for children in kindergarten to children in the third grade. The younger ones may have trouble reading the book alone but the older ones should have no problem reading this book and being able to comprehend it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Llama Llama Red Pajama.